1. Gov. Ron DeSantis touted Florida’s economic performance during the COVID-19 pandemic while former Gov. Nikki Haley lauded her state’s approach to handling the crisis.
2. Both governors advocated for reopening schools as quickly and safely as possible in the fall.
3. DeSantis argued for the need to preserve citizens’ rights and freedoms in the face of the pandemic, while Haley emphasized the importance of preventative measures.
4. DeSantis highlighted Florida’s low unemployment rate, while Haley praised South Carolina’s efforts to help businesses get back on their feet.
5. Both governors were adamant that there needed to be further stimulus relief in order for the states to emerge successfully from the economic crisis.